Experienced Attorney Advises Families and Businesses Throughout Lexington
Experienced counsel for business law, family law, wills and probate in Kentucky
When a legal dilemma interrupts your family or business, you need trusted legal support. Having the right lawyer by your side saves you time, money, and stress. At the Law Office of Roland P. Merkel, I have guided Lexington residents and businesses through a range of legal issues for more than 30 years. I recognize how important your case is and waste no time in providing you with the knowledgeable counsel you deserve. Whether you are looking to start a new business, settle a contentious divorce, draft a comprehensive will, or require help through the probate process, I am committed to resolving your matter as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Attentive Lexington lawyer focused on results
For 3 decades I have delivered high-quality legal representation to individuals and businesses in Lexington and the surrounding areas. As someone who is deeply invested in the community, my goal is bringing you peace of mind. Clients in Kentucky trust me to handle their legal problems because I provide:
- Detailed advice — I carefully review your case and explain your legal options in a manner that is concise and easily discernible.
- Personalized attention — At my firm, I tailor my representation to meet the needs of my individual clients. I listen carefully to the details of your legal matter and consider how best to proceed based on your unique circumstances and goals.
- Results-oriented representation — When you seek my counsel, you can trust that I am always focused on achieving the best possible outcome in your case.
When you retain my services, you work directly with me — never a paralegal or secretary.
Trusted advice for a broad range of legal issues
I assist clients throughout Lexington and Central Kentucky with a variety of practice areas:
- Business law — Whether you’re looking to start a business, buy or sell a business, seek counsel on corporate contracts or employment matters, you can rely on me to provide you with sound advice and strong legal support.
- Family law — Throughout my more than three decades in practice, I have helped countless families with a wide range of legal issues. I assist clients with contested and uncontested divorce proceedings, child custody and support, visitation, asset distribution, mediation, paternity and its accompanying issues, as well as other family law issues.
- Wills & Probate — I aim to make the estate planning process as accessible as possible to my clients. In addition to helping you draft a carefully planned will, I can help you with advance directives, powers of attorney, probate, will modifications, and other aspects of estate planning.
- Limited Scope Representation – You may also specifically limit the scope and amount of help you need in litigation or other legal representation. The Kentucky Supreme Court has recently approved clients retaining attorneys on a limited basis. You may now select specific services from an attorney “ala carte”, for example: legal advice only; document and pleadings review and drafting; limited court appearances in litigation. You are able to select specific areas with which you require assistance, without traditional full-fledged legal representation and the higher fees that would accompany same.
- Preventive Counseling & Planning – Counsel with your attorney before problems arise. Work together to set out strategies and action plans. I can help you in your negotiations, review and drafting of agreements, or other matters of advocacy on your behalf. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
- Mediation – As a certified mediator and Past President of the Mediation Association of Kentucky, my extensive background and experience in alternative dispute resolution (ADR) can help you through the mediation process. Call me, whether you require an experienced, neutral mediator to help parties resolve their differences, or an attorney to prepare you and be by your side as an advocate during the mediation session.
Without an attorney, any legal matter can be confusing and stressful. I am committed to helping you navigate Kentucky laws with ease so you can focus on your business and family.
Contact a seasoned Lexington lawyer committed to resolving your case
The Law Office of Roland P. Merkel provides skilled counsel to Kentucky clients in family, business, wills and probate matters. Please call 859-263-1123 or contact my firm online to schedule a 20-minute free initial consultation to discuss your case with me at my Lexington office today.